2013年9月27日星期五

Giardia is Not a Party-a

Fact: dogs can get Giardiasis too.


Giardiasis attacked my two, precious Beauty King Terriers (or as their breed is more commonly known: Cairn Terrier) on a weekend, because these horrendous illnesses cannot possibly occur during normal veterinarian office house, of course.  It turned them into helpless lumps until the Metronidazole, that the vet prescribed for them, kicked in.


Giardiasis caused my Marlon to go from this active, lively, loud-mouthed lovey:


s


To this mess (yes, that’s a pile of vomit next to him on the floor of my car):



My newt went from this ball of happy:



To this limp, ol’ crumple of fur:



This is my rendition of the culprit:



Now that I know that this evil Giardia bastard can sicken my dogs, it has taken some fun away from my fellas’ outdoor adventures.   I’m used to my filthy terriers wading in mud holes, periodically licking on dead shit and studying other animals’ dookies.  These guys love to hike and get dirty, so there’s really no tellin’ where they ingested that ugly Giardia organism.  So, unfortunately for them, I have to be more mindful about what they investigate, lick and drink while outdoors from now on.


Lesson: dogs can develop Giardiasis and seeing your pup so sick will break your heart.  Don’t let your furry loves drink out of sketchy ponds or puddles.  

没有评论:

发表评论