Have you recently received this flyer from your Wags & Wiggles Facility? If not, Wags & Wiggles is now REQUIRING yearly fecal & parasite testing. As of November 1st, all current and new clients will need to show proof of a Negative fecal testing done within 90 days.
- We recommend two tests: Ova/Parasite Test and Giardia Elisa Test. The Ova/Parasite test is MANDATORY. The Giardia Test is optional but is strongly suggested especially for Giardia prone areas like Irvine. Giardia is notoriously hard to detect in a standard flotation fecal test. This is why we suggest the Elisa Test. The Ova/Parasite test will check for all other parasites such as Roundworms, Tapeworms, Hookworms, Pinworms, Coccidia & other parasites. We anticipate that if you have current status with your veterinarian there will be no office charge. Contact your own veterinarian regarding their own policies.
- If you are a new client, you must present confirmation from your veterinarian that your dog had a fecal and the results came back Negative. The test must have been done within 90 days prior to starting daycare or puppy class.
- If you are an existing client, you will have until November 1st to present verification of a clean fecal. The fecal must have been done in the last 90 days.
- All clients will be required to present proof of a clean fecal on a yearly basis. Hopefully you can tie this into your vaccination schedule. We will keep track of your fecal status in our computer and will remind you when your yearly due date comes around.
- If your dogs fecal shows a parasite, you must seek treatment, and present a clean fecal result to us at the end of the treatment.